Accounts Payable Administrator
Requisition ID: R10128987
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom | New Malden, London, United Kingdom+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: None
- Clearance Type: Security Check (SC)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £20,300- £27,500
Role clearance type: Must be able to obtain and maintain government clearance.
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
About Your Opportunity:
To become a key member of the innovative and fast paced Accounts Payable team, which sits within the NSS Business Management team. Your role will be fundamental to ensure that our many suppliers are paid to terms and costs are attributed correctly.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognised through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
Your Responsibilities :
- Process multi-currency purchase invoices both with and without purchase orders, ensuring that approval for the goods/services have been received in line with NG policies
- Process Intercompany invoices and settlements
- Chase and process invoices for Direct Debits
- Liaise/maintain effective communication with both vendors and internal customers, to promptly resolve invoice queries by:
- Recommending actions to resolve discrepancies
- Investigating questionable data
- Paying attention to detail
- Communicating with relevant colleagues internally
- Initiate & execute payment runs
- Ensure required deadlines are met
- Reconcile supplier accounts
- Reconcile bank and financial statements/report
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of a high volume inbox
- Other administrative tasks as required
Your Experience :
- Experience of working with SAP or equivalent financial management systems
- Evidenced experience of supplier and customer engagement to ensure the smooth flow of payments processes
- Demonstrable experience of reconciling supplier accounts
Your Future Team :
Our Accounts Payable team are focused on supporting the organisation in achieving its strategic growth.
As a team we interact with all departments within NG, providing a greater understanding of the business, opportunities to develop and explore new career paths and stretch goals. We are open and honest with a desire for continuous improvement.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – then connect direct with email@example.com, where one of our recruitment business partners will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Cyber & Intelligence Business
Our UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the Defence and security sectors. Our customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.
UK Defence Business:
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.