Financial Analyst - Level 2 - Program Cost *Top Secret Clearance Required*
Requisition ID: R10122687
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is seeking either Financial Analyst – Level 2 – Program Cost to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD, and will be onsite due to the nature of the role and program requirements. This position will support of Remote Sensing Programs Business Unit. A Top Secret Security Clearance is required to start in this role.
This position will interact with various operating unit, business area, and division staff to solve reporting program issues and meet reporting requirements. In addition, the Analyst will interface with program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMs) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Support audits and reviews requested by programs, customers, and company management, fact-finding and negotiation support.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, cash forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations(IPRS, Dashboards, BARs)
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
The ideal candidate will be able to function successfully in a dynamic organization and communicate within a team environment including communication with all levels of internal management and customer management.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of related experience – OR - Master's degree with 1+ year of related experience.
- US Citizenship.
- Current, active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Current, active DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Defense industry experience.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience with COBRA and SAP.
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR.
- Prior leadership experience - leading program, project, or personnel.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.