Senior Principal Accountant
Requisition ID: R10126367
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Irving, Texas, United States of America | Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Falls Church, Virginia, United States of America+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Northrop Grumman Accounting Services team is looking to hire a Senior Principal Accountant (level 04). The position reports directly to the Manager of Enterprise General Accounting in the Irving, TX office.
This role can be supported virtually, but the chosen candidate must have the ability to travel to one of our office locations in Redondo Beach, CA, Irving, TX, or Falls Church, VA for in person meetings/events at their own expense.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support accounting close activities including managing daily deadlines, reviewing/approving team tasks, briefing Management on status, and ensuring timely completion. Close activities include, but are not limited to, reviewing tie out and error reports for accuracy, approving journal entries, FDMEE/HFM integration and management, performing SAP to HFM reconciliations, and posting HFM journal entries.
- Manage chart of accounts and SAP/S4 accounting modules. Oversee the on-call team, ensure coverage during critical phases, administer periodic training, manage on-call schedule, and lead S4 implementation efforts.
- Review and approve value-added tax (VAT) schedules.
- Approve general ledger account reconciliations in Blackline. Exhibit ability to resolve complex reconciliation issues, provide coaching and training to team members, and assist management with optimization projects.
- Coordinate with sector business partners and act as the primary point of contact for internal, external, and DCAA/DCMA audit requests, ad hoc data requests, inquiries, and problem resolution.
- Drive completion of assigned projects including time/team management, aligning performance/deliverables to milestones, and collaborating with business partners as needed.
- Support quarterly and annual supplemental reporting activities including preparing QES and YES schedules as assigned, collecting schedules, and supporting backups prepared by others, loading data from QES/YES schedules to HFM, and validating data loaded and ensuring no variances.
This position does require strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline with a minimum of10 years accounting or finance work experience OR Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of accounting or finance work experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Extensive utilization and understanding of ERP systems, especially SAP.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, and practices.
- Ability to travel to one of our office locations in Redondo Beach, CA, Irving, TX, or Falls Church, VA for in person meetings/events.
- Proven ability to multi-task, produce quality results, and consistently meet deadlines.
- US Citizenship is required for this role.
- Working knowledge of S4 and experience with ERP implementation.
- Fundamental understanding of data analytics.
- Ability to use technical aptitude to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to assess processes and support improvement, efficiency, and harmonization strategies.
- Previous lead experience or ability to organize and oversee team-related projects.
- Holistic understanding of Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.