Principal Accountant/Senior Principal Accountant (Strategic Systems Accountant)
Requisition ID: R10129060
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Irving, Texas, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Enterprise Services (ES) Operations Accounting team is seeking a Principal Accountant/Sr. Principal Accountant, reporting to ES’ Manager of Labor & Operations Accounting. Specifically, we are seeking an individual to further our development of our Blackline software and related reconciliation processes, and assist with accounting work related to accounts payable, payroll, and cash management. The Strategic Systems Accountant assists business managers and users with identifying and implementing Blackline and reconciliation process improvements that produce quantifiable benefits, offering continuous improvement recommendations, developing & delivering system enhancements, and providing training to the accounting teams.
This position will be based in Irving, Texas and will allow some opportunity to telecommute on a limited basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information from multiple organizations including, but not limited to, accounts payable, payroll and cash management
- Adherence to accounting, regulatory and auditing policies & procedures (including SOX); Proactively stay current on GAAP and best practices
- Interact with senior internal/external personnel on accounting matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Communicate regularly with the Labor & Operations Manager, Operations Team Lead, and key stakeholders
- Provide strategic guidance, process improvement, and technical support related to reconciliation excellence
- Assess reconciliation and accounting operations technology needs, understand existing processes, and identify areas for improvement
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on best practices in accounting, reporting, and reconciliation process and technology optimization, leveraging your automation solutions expertise including knowledge of BlackLine software
- Design and implement automation and business optimization solutions tailored to specific requirements, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory compliance
- Conduct thorough system evaluations and gap analyses to identify potential inefficiencies or bottlenecks in reconciliation processes and develop strategies to address them
- Assist in configuring, customizing, and integrating BlackLine modules, such as Account Reconciliation and Transaction Matching, to automate and optimize their financial workflows
- Perform configuration and administration of Blackline software application as NG expands its use of the tool (Transaction Matching, Automation of Account Reconciliations)
- Partner with key business stakeholders in building a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of transformation
- For newly developed/implemented Blackline functionality
- Train global users
- Ensure applications are operating efficiently and effectively
- Liaison with IT on user issues, application upgrades, system maintenance and projects
- Perform ongoing application maintenance. Coordinate upgrade, development, testing, and implementation of application enhancements with users and IT.
- Communicate regularly with the Labor & Operations Manager, Operations Team Lead, IT, and key stakeholders
This position may be filled at the Principal or Senior Principal level, depending on the amount of experience each candidate brings to the evaluation process.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Level role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience (Or a minimum of 3 years of professional experience with a master’s degree)
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal Level role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience (Or 5 years of professional experience with a master’s degree)
Remaining Qualifications for Both Levels:
- Complete understanding and application of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- In-depth knowledge of Blackline crucial in assisting and advising for implementing/optimizing Blackline software to streamline reconciliation and accounting operations’ practices
- Requires a strong understanding of Blackline functionality and how to enable it as an administrator of the application
- Minimum of three to five years hands-on Blackline system administration work or consulting/implementation work
- Will work with the Director and Manager of Accounting Operations to help set priorities, but will also need to be able to work independently and meet with the business users to help turn business requirements into system functionality
- Must have Blackline specific skill set
- Must have either been a system administrator at a large customer, or a consultant that has worked on several Blackline system implementations
- SAP experience interfacing with Blackline strongly preferred
- Independently demonstrate the skill and ability to perform fairly complex professional tasks
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and desire to implement best practices
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies independently using documentation and online resources
- Ability to conceptualize, formulate, and succinctly convey complex solutions to a wide audience
- Participate in determining objectives of projects and assignments
- Positive, proactive, and self-motivated; Plan schedules and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Must have high degree of accuracy, results-oriented, highly accountable
- Adaptable, flexible in a changing environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, able to build trust with stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience with ERPs (SAP)
- Knowledge and experience with Blackline
- Leadership Qualifications:
- Strong analytical, communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Must show commitment to results, leadership, teamwork, and strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to receive constructive feedback
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability of working with multiple levels of management/stakeholders and effectively communicating information to all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, team-player who works well with all employees and third parties
- Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.