Accountant 2/3--Active Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10124033
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
The Financial Services Restricted Program Accounting team is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant. This individual will serve as an integral team member in support of the Company's billing services for Classified programs and will interact and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders.
This position is located in Dulles, VA - working remotely is NOT an option.
The candidate will have require an active Government Secret Level clearance to support Classified programs.
Roles and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Interfacing with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Prepare, review, and submit highly classified customer billings within compliance of contract terms and conditions and per established department policies and procedures.
- Tracking and reporting for collection of aged receivables.
- Research and resolution of aged receivables.
- Monitors and reports cash collection for government contracts, includes providing support for banking/treasury requirements.
- Analyzing Unbilled AR balances.
- Coordinates canceling funds and contract closeout efforts.
- Supporting DCAA incurred costs and billing audits.
- Special projects as needed.
Basic Qualifications - to be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- This role can be filled as either a Level 02 Accountant or a Level 03 Principal Accountant depending on education and relevant experience:
- Level 02 Accountant: Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience in finance or accounting or Master’s degree and 1 year of relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Level 03 Principal Accountant: Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience in finance or accounting or Master’s degree and 4 year of relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Active or current Secret clearance required
- Professional experience in: Billings, Accounts Receivables, or Contract Administration
- Drives continued success by finding and communicating opportunities for efficiencies, process improvement, and/or automation of processes, in support of the Company's digital transformation initiatives.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - specifically high-level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.); also with Adobe Professional.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Government Top Secret/SCI Level clearance.
- Ability to work on site at our office in Dulles, VA (telework is not available for this role)
Preferred Qualifications - candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active Government Top Secret Level clearance
- Experience with:
- Image Now
- Professional experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry (specifically government contracting), and within a Financial Services team.
- Familiarity with GAAP, FAR, CAS.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.