Program Business Manager - SPA
Requisition ID: R10114772
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Fairbairn, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Protected (Baseline)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We’re building something special here in Australia. Committed to safeguarding our Country’s future by solving the toughest problems in Aeronautics, Space and Mission Systems, we’re investing in our business, growing our capabilities and nurturing a great reputation as the place to be in Defence. ‘Defining Possible’ is our mantra and we are committed to making sure that’s as relevant for our people as for our customers.
Since 2001, Northrop Grumman has delivered Through-Life Support to the Royal Australian Air Force’s 86 Wing; 34 Squadron located at RAAF Fairbairn in Canberra. The high-performing Northrop Grumman SPA (Special Purpose Aircraft) team is comprised of approximately 50 staff who provide all levels of maintenance, training and logistics support to the fleet of 2x Boeing BBJ’s and 3x Dassault Falcon 7X’s.
We are seeking a diligent and switched on Program Business Manager who will be responsible for the financial reporting and deliverables of the SPA Program. Partnering with the Program Manager this role requires a high level of business and financial acumen to drive high-quality outcomes and be the business’ main financial contact.
This role is uniquely situated onsite with internal stakeholders and the customer, so highly-developed stakeholder and engagement skills will be critical for the success of the program.
This position is based on-site co-located at 34 Squadron, Fairbairn, ACT.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
- Accounting specialist with awareness and experience with project controls practices and principles
- Knowledge of AASB15, cost to cost / percentage complete and estimate at completion reporting
- Well-developed negotiation skills, influencing and stakeholder management backed by good verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, highly motivated and dynamic team member and able to demonstrate effective leadership
- Committed to continuous improvement and management of change
- Vast experience in management accounting or project accounting experience
- Proven experience with developing and leading high performing teams
- Would be nice if you hold a CPA / CA qualification
Whatever your role, life stage or background, you can shape your career here in your way with highly challenging work, great colleagues and career development, plus a range of flexible benefits and working patterns.
- Professional Development – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Options for flexible & hybrid work including 9 day fortnight
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
Defining Possible means something different to each one of us. What’s Your Possible?
Doing the Right Thing and Sharing Success are two values underpinning how we behave at Northrop Grumman. Here, everyone matters and we proudly encourage individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply to join our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, so your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.