Staff Program Planning and Scheduling Analyst (No Clearance Required to Start) Redondo Beach, CA
Requisition ID: R10130131
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Manhattan Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman’s Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider satellite payloads and directed energy solutions for national security, military, and human exploration missions. We are built on a strong heritage of innovative, innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products our customers and nation rely on our team to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Staff Principal Program Planning and Scheduling Analyst for the Redondo Beach, CA location and report to the Manager of Program Planning. The successful candidate must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent programs and proposals and will prepare, develop, and coordinate the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to meet all program objectives and ensures program schedules are horizontally and vertically integrated.
Implements scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
- DCMA 14-point
- IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Critical Path Analysis
- Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Schedule Performance and Health Metrics and Analysis
- Provides weekly status and reporting
- Conducts Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR) and Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSR) audits
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
- Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
- Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager
- BA Degree and 15 years of experience in any combination of the following: Program Planning & Scheduling, Finance, Pricing, Program Management or Engineering; OR 13 years of stated experience with a Master’s Degree
- Knowledge with Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development; Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) approach and execution
- Microsoft Office
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server 2010/2013
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management, and executive leadership
- DoD Secret security clearance
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.