Program Planning Scheduling Analyst – Level 3
Requisition ID: R10127627
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Program Planning Scheduling Analyst – Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. This position is located in Aurora, CO. Work expected to be conducted onsite.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
The Program Planning Scheduling Principal Analyst is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools, and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create valid and effective Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that incorporate all dependencies, aligns to resource availability, and identifies and aligns program milestones with contractual need dates.
- Establish ground rules and assumptions, and ensure compliance with applicable EVMS guidelines.
- Identify & validate the critical path, run performance and health check metrics.
- Conduct trend analysis and report data, e.g. late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s).
- Monitor and develop work around utilizing schedule acceleration techniques to achieve additional margin, monitor & de-conflict internal and external influences to resources and the critical path.
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses, performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures cost/schedule integration.
- Works with the technical lead, functional managers and control account managers to identify internal and external dependencies, milestones and deliverables.
- Frequent use of industry scheduling best practices, and specific Scheduling Tool properties and functions.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4+ years of related professional experience. 10+ years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Integrated Master Scheduler (IMS) experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint and Word.
- Current, active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years project scheduling experience and advanced scheduling skills in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools.
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis (SHA) tools and Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) tools.
- Experience working with SAP production schedules.
- Experience supporting Projects/Program of different size, contract types, and complexity.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
- Current, active DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.