Manager Budgeting 2
Requisition ID: R10124046
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America | Unknown City, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman’s Defense Sector, Advanced Weapons Business Unit, is looking for a Rates & Budgets Manager – to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will lead Business Manager for rates and budgets, capital, overhead, and other indirect cost management, reporting directly to the Business Unit Business Management Director. This position is located in Northridge, CA or Full Time Telework and will offer a hybrid work schedule, 3-4 days per week will be onsite in office, along with a 9/80 or 4/10 work schedule.
- Collaboration with Directors and Program Managers.
- Provide direct management for a team of Finance and Budget Analysts.
- Coordinate financial analyses and preparation of reports to ensure activities are within negotiated and agreed-upon cost and schedule parameters and cost control guidelines.
- Compilation and review of budgets for organizational units using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration.
- Develop and support business strategy and forecasting, through internal or external deliverables such as the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Lead and support multiple internal and external audits
- Interface with customer counterparts (DCMA, DCAA) for compliance and rate submittals.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and maintain control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
- Interpret federal and state and international regulations as they apply to products, financial processes, and other processes, practices and procedures; implement policies and procedures to ensure that these are in compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Investigate and resolve compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from other units of the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Audit and evaluate current policies, procedures, and documentation for compliance with government laws and regulations.
The successful candidate must have the ability to promote the professional development of the business management workforce, fostering a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around ethics and integrity, employee engagement, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
The candidate will maintain the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
- Must have 14 years of applicable experience. Will consider: Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Mathematics with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience, or Master’s degree’ and 8 years relevant years’ experience (or four additional years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree) in finance, accounting or program control
- Prior leadership experience (team, people, project, program, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in Cost Point ERP
- Proficient knowledge of government program budgeting and forecasting, as well as Annual Operating Plan development
- US Citizen
- 2+ years of functional management experience
- 2+ years of rates and budgets experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Experience preparing and presenting financial analysis to team and management
- Experience with Cognos TM1 Financial Forecasting System
- Experience with Cobra Earned Value Management System
- Experience with Cost Point ERP Solutions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.