Manager of Pricing & Estimating 3
Requisition ID: R10127164
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America | Unknown City, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in national defense and scientific discovery. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman’s Defense Sector, Advanced Weapons Business Unit, is looking for Pricing, Cost Estimating Manager – to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. In this role, the Manager Pricing and Cost Estimating will have accountability for Pricing and Estimating to manage and develop a team of analysts responsible for the generation of estimating and pricing products, along with regulatory compliance supporting a key business area. This position reports directly to the Business Unit Business Management Director. This position is located in Northridge, CA and will offer a hybrid work schedule, 3-4 days per week will be onsite in office, along with a 9/80 or 4/10 work schedule.
Key responsibilities include managing the team's staffing, resources, tools and training to ensure successful submission of firm proposals, not-to-exceed estimates and rough order of magnitude estimates in a timely manner. This will involve the preparation of cost reports and presentation of findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Engaging with program and business unit leadership to develop costing, pricing, and estimating tactics and strategies needed to successfully price follow-on business and new capture efforts
- Act as the primary conduit between Program and Division Leadership, and Frontline Managers/Individual contributors to communicate leadership expectations, regular feedback and corrective actions as needed
- Establishing program policy, procedures, and processes addressing cost proposal development, quality standards, and cost analyses
- Overseeing the collection and analysis of cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Create cost models for cost estimating elements as required.
- Briefing all levels of management: at the operating element, sector, and corporate levels; as well as customer leadership
- Providing manpower update, and other program reporting requirements
- Supporting DCMA/DCAA offices and Government Compliance regarding proposal, rates, and business system audits
- Support the functional homeroom (within the timelines of requirements)
- Interpret federal and state and international regulations as they apply to products, financial processes, and other processes, practices and procedures; implement policies and procedures to ensure that these are in compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Investigate and resolve compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from other units of the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Audit and evaluate current policies, procedures, and documentation for compliance with government laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics or related discipline with 10 years of experience in Pricing & Cost Estimating disciplines -OR- 9 years of stated experience with a Master’s Degree
- 3+ years in a Leadership or Supervisory role
- Proven ability to evaluate/analyze, integrate, and communicate Pricing/Estimating and financial impacts, cost issues and risks to senior and executive leadership.
- Must have thorough understanding of pricing and estimating methodologies, quality, and compliance requirements (FAR/DFARS/CAS) related to cost volumes and Cost Estimating and Rate System requirements.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Pricing Software (i.e., ProPricer)
- Experience in proposals of various contract types (e.g. CPIF, CPAF, CPFF, FFP, etc.) and of varying sizes
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret Security Clearance and SAP clearance
- Master’s degree
- In depth knowledge of Pricing, Risk Analysis, Statistics, Regulatory Compliance, and other quantitative analytical tools
- Air Launched Missile acumen is desired
- Experience with supporting the development of disclosure statements
- Experience in development of proposal cost and pricing strategies
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.