Manager Business Management 2
Requisition ID: R10129543
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is seeking a Manager Business Management 2 to join our diverse team of professionals located in Palmdale CA for the AS2 program. This position is a trusted, key partner to the program manager and will involve establishing strategy, managing resources, prioritizing requirements, and delivering financial results while ensuring the integrity of business processes. The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
The successful candidate must possess a solid understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), indirect rate management, Forward Pricing Rate proposal (FPRP) development, estimates at complete (EAC), Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development, budgeting and forecasting to include Capital expenditures & NCTA.
This key business leader role will support a critical program in the Restricted Programs Sustainment & Operations (RPSO) operating unit within the Strike & Special Mission Aircraft (SSMA) business unit. This position can be in Palmdale, CA, and will offer a 9/80 work schedule. Due to the nature and scope of this role, the ability to work remotely will be limited.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management of financial key-line forecasting (Awards, Sales, OM, Cash Flow), work authorization, contractual reporting, program budgeting, financial estimate at complete development, and various financial reporting activities.
- Collaboration with Program Managers and OU/BU leadership.
- Provide direct management for a team of Program Cost Control Analysts.
- Lead Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) Development and indirect rate management for program
- Clearly communicate financial business analysis and reporting to senior management.
- Develop business strategy and forecasting, through internal or external deliverables such as the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Support proposal activities from a financial and strategic perspective.
- Develop professional talent within the operating unit.
- Lead and support program audits.
- Interface with customer leadership on contract execution.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of related experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong knowledge of contractual content, network structures, billing requirements and the accounting system
- Demonstrates strong financial knowledge and experience supporting internal and external program reporting requirements
- Understanding of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development, budgeting and forecasting to include Capital expenditures and NCTA
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with technical subject matter experts and business operations personnel
- Proficient in SAP
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel
- Must have an Active DoD secret; and Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret level security clearance.
- Must be able to work onsite in Palmdale, CA
- Experience with 1FPRS and IPRS
- Experience with Risk & Opportunity Management and its application to EAC and EVMS
- Experience leading and training program control
- Direct Experience with managing Northrop Grumman investment projects (Capital, NCTA, etc.)
- Experience working with PowerBI or other Data Visualization tools
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.