Program Cost Control Analyst - (Hybrid Telework Schedule) San Diego, CA
Requisition ID: R10123864
- Category: Business Management
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Program Control Analyst (Level 2) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA to support the Autonomous Systems Division. This position requires the ability to work on site weekly in Rancho Bernardo with a hybrid telework schedule.
This Program Control Analyst position will interface with the program managers, functional management, and cost account managers (CAMs) to provide financial and administrative support and analysis to meet program requirements. Candidate will gain valuable experience and knowledge with Earned Value and performance measurement baseline concepts and be able to apply them to multiple contracts for control accounts within an engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT).
Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks include:
Establishment of Work Breakdown Structure for execution of budgeted cost of work scheduled, assessment and maintenance of objective performance criteria, maintenance and justifications of estimates to complete, and support to internal and external reporting requirements for variance analysis. As well as, budget baseline, funding analysis, cost risk analysis/assessment and visibility reports, preparation of government cost performance reports and preparation and/or review of performance measurement variance analysis as well as development and analysis of estimates to complete.
This is a fast paced high energy environment that requires a self-motivated employee to join the team. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and abilities:
- Ability to use financial systems, to learn basic understanding of EVMS principles and hands on cost performance reporting/analysis skills
- Develop and implement solutions of moderate scope and complexity;
- Analyze variances/trends and develop new methods and process techniques; Work under very general supervision while completing numerous assignments per schedule and elevating potential issues to ensure proper management focus;
- Exert some influence on peers and internal customers; good interpersonal skills while representing the group on special projects outside of own group.
This Program Control Analyst duties could include; support the development of budget baselines and maintain cost/schedule integration; support preparation of budgets, schedules, and ETC/EAC; perform and/or assist in financial performance analyses and visibility reporting; assist in the preparation and submittal of monthly CDRLs such as IPMR; support variance analysis reports; facilitate and support program monthly rhythm process, incorporate baseline changes into EVM system while utilizing Microframe Project Manager (MPM), SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), wInsight, MS Excel/Project/Powerpoint.
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are innovating-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting with 1year experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting with 3 years' experience in financial analysis or industry related fields.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and apply EVMS principals
- Ability to work on site weekly in Rancho Bernardo with a hybrid telework schedule
- Financial forecasting experience with EVMS or government cost reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Business Systems (SAP/BW/MPM)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.