Principal Program Cost and Schedule Control Analyst
Requisition ID: R10127950
- Category: Business Management
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst 3 to join our diverse team. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This Program Cost Control Analyst position will primarily be focusing on financial analysis. Under minimal supervision, this position will interface with the program managers, functional management, and senior leadership to provide financial and administrative support and analysis to meet program requirements. Candidates will have experience with financial analysis of traditional financial metrics (Awards, Acquisitions, Sales, Operating Margin, ROS%, Cash). Financial tasks to include but not limited to: financial modeling for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP), funding analysis, cash flow analysis, invoice tracking, profitability, support monthly/quarterly financial reviews, risk analysis, and ad-hoc reporting. Additional responsibilities will include: Performs analysis and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Candidate will also be responsible for supporting the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting. Internal reporting requirements include incorporation of forecast, identification of staffing issues related to baseline/ETC, and execution of corrective action or updates using program reporting tools.
This is a fast paced high energy environment that requires a self-motivated employee to join the team. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and abilities: ability to use financial systems, with understanding of DoD financial rhythms; develop and implement solutions of moderate scope and complexity; analyze variances/trends and develop new methods and process techniques; work under very general supervision while completing numerous assignments per schedule and elevating potential issues to ensure proper management focus; exert influence on peers and internal customers; good interpersonal skills while representing the finance team on various projects.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what you're looking for?
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related and a minimum of 6 years related experience in financial analysis or a Master's Degree with 4 years of experience
- Requires intermediate to advance understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Financial systems (Oracle, Hyperion)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of EVMS
- Financial forecasting experience with EVMS or government cost reporting
- Understanding of Business systems (SAP, MPM, WinSight)
- Candidate has the ability to identify issues and problems across multiple contracts and make recommendations to management for resolution of mitigation.
- Master’s Degree with 4 years' experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret DoD Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.