Business Management Manager 2 - Mission Exploitation *Top Secret Clearance Required*
Requisition ID: R10126663
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America | Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission and help us continue on our journey of #definingpossible.
The Mission Exploitation (MEX) Operating Unit is seeking a Business Management Manager 2, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to manage and lead all Business Management functions for one or more programs within the portfolio.
This position can be located in Aurora, CO, or Fairfax, VA, and will offer a 9/80 work schedule. Due to the nature and scope of this role, the ability to work remotely will be very limited.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management of financial key-line forecasting (Awards, Sales, OM, Cash Flow), work authorization, execution of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Level 2 and contractual reporting, program budgeting, financial estimate at complete development, and various financial reporting activities.
- Collaboration with Program Managers and OU/BU leadership.
- Provide direct management for a team of Program Cost and Schedule Control Analysts.
- Clearly communicate financial business analysis and reporting to senior management.
- Coordinate cost and schedule analyses and preparation of reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon cost and schedule parameters and program cost control guidelines.
- Develop business strategy and forecasting, through internal or external deliverables such as the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Support proposal activities from a financial and strategic perspective.
- Develop professional talent within the operating unit.
- Assist with program startup efforts and support of the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and required data submittals
- Lead and support program audits.
- Interface with customer leadership on contract execution.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in leading a diverse team as well as the ability to promote the professional development of the business management workforce, fostering a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around ethics and integrity, employee engagement, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
The candidate will maintain the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related experience – OR – Master’s degree with 4+ years of related experience.
- Earned Value Proficiency including the Earned Value Guidelines and EAC development.
- Leadership experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- US citizen.
- Current, active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance, with ability to obtain SCI upon hire.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Active, current DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- 8+ years of industry related experience in finance, accounting, or program control.
- 2+ years of functional management experience.
- Experience with Cognos Financial Forecasting System, Cobra Earned Value Management System, and SAP ERP 1.
- Knowledge of government program budgeting and forecasting, as well as Annual Operating Plan development.
- Understanding of DoD contracts and FAR/DFAR.
- Understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience preparing and presenting financial analysis to team and management.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.