Business Management Manager - 1
Requisition ID: R10129934
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field, or an industry thought leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are looking for you to join our Airborne Multifunction Sensors (AMS) Division team as a Business Management Manager 1 based out of Linthicum, MD. This position may be staffed as a hybrid role, in accordance with program and reporting needs, from the Linthicum, MD area.
What You’ll get to Do:
The Business Management Manager 1 will report to the Airborne Surveillance/Tactical Aviation Operating Unit Business Manager and collaborate with the Program Management team to develop strategy, support proposal production & negotiation, report on program performance, and achieve financial goals.
The Business Management Manager 1 will provide financial planning and control services through a professional staff, including analyzing financial results, applying accepted accounting methods, controlling budgets, and generating reports on sales, costs, profits, etc. The position requires leadership and management of an Operating Unit (OU) portfolio that includes production, development and support contracts in Baltimore, MD. The OU contracts portfolio is executed through a Joint Venture and directly to USG and commercial customers.
The Business Management Manager 1 will be responsible for the following:
- Financial management and cost control functions for all contracts including management of Comprehensive Estimate-at-Completion (CEAC)
- Performance Measurement System implementation and program execution, including EVMS compliance under a validated business system.
- Financial (Awards, Sales, OM, Cash) planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting in accordance with company policy, GAAP and SOX requirements, including presentation of financial data to internal and external customers
- Strategic Planning – Partnership with the OU and Functional leadership for the development of theLong Range Strategic Plan and Annual Operating Plan
- Government program finance and compliance inclusive of DCAA and DCMA audit support
- Proposal review & negotiation support
- Coordination of business management activities with Joint Venture Partner
- Management and development of Program Control Analyst staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc.) or Business adjacent degree (Mathematics, Risk Management) from an accredited institution with a minimum of 6 years of financial work experience – OR -- Master’s degree as described above with 4 years of experience as described above.
- Will consider 10 years of applied experience in lieu of degree requirement.
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, and the FAR
- Prior experience with government program budgeting and forecasting, as well as Annual Operating Plan development
- Experience with standard Government business systems (ex. Cognos, Cobra, Excel)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting financial analysis to team and/or management.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10%.
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- MBA or CPA certification
- Experience with EVMS
- Previous experience managing/supervising program, project, or personnel.
- Current, active SECRET security clearance
What We Can Offer You
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment which encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following: Health Plan, Savings Plan, Paid Time Off and Additional Benefits including Education Assistance, Training and Development, 9/80 Work Schedule (where available), and much more!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.