Program Cost Control Analyst - Level 2 or 3 - Air Force Programs
Requisition ID: R10128363
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Corinne, Utah, United States of America | Hill AFB, Utah, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you defining possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst (Level 2 or 3) – Program Cost and Schedule Control to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Promontory, UT and support the Propulsion Systems business unit as part of the Launch and Missile Defense Solutions Division. This position will require travel to Hill AFB, based on business needs, and will offer a hybrid work schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in the preparation of budgets and schedules for contract work and participating in the control of costs and schedules through cost schedule control system.
- Preparing internal and external customer reports.
- Assisting Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
- Performing quarterly Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) with program cost control managers and Functional Managers.
- Compiling quarterly EAC packages for management review.
- Participate in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management (EVM). Maintain resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Provide responses to external, internal, and Government auditors.
- Strategic planning and monthly OPS forecast preparation of Sales, Operating Margin, Cash, and Awards this includes generating working capital/cash forecast including cost type and PBP billing and collections.
- Weekly tracking and reporting to program management and customers.
- Preparing and submit reports to various levels of governance including internal management, customers, and government oversight agencies
- Updating and maintaining CSR system monthly which is used for recognition of profit.
- Updating and maintaining program staffing plans and program direct base worksheets for accounting.
- Supporting proposal efforts for both customer RFP and internal activities.
- Preparing proposal estimates that are complete and accurate with necessary justification on tasks.
- Ensuring proposal methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate.
- Contract close-out with final or interim rates, calculation of fee, analysis of cost outside of POP, and responding to audit questions from customers.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of related experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1+ year of related experience
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of related experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4+ years of related experience
Additional Basic Qualifications for both levels:
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines
- Experience with financial analysis and/or reporting
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Strong analytical ability
- US Citizen
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- Experience with CostPoint, Primavera, or Cobra
- Experience in DoD setting with understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards, FAR, and DFARs
- Experience with program planning or program scheduling
- Experience with GAAP, as well as, Government Financial accounting practices
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.