Business Management Analyst
Requisition ID: R10121179
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Business Management Analyst
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field, or an industry thought leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Business Management Analyst based out of Salt Lake City
What You’ll get to Do:
The Business Management Analyst will work within a team structure and interact with various operating units, business areas, and division staff to assist in solving reporting program issues and meeting reporting requirements. The Analyst will interface with program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMS) and business managers, to provide financial support and analysis in addition to generating program performance measurement baselines (PMB) and implement approved changes.
As part of this role, the selected candidate will perform analyses and prepare program financial reports for internal and external customers relative to program cost incurrence, material tracking, and labor spending to help ensure program contracts are within negotiated, agreed-upon parameters, government cost control guidelines, and accounting guidelines. In addition, this role will work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical staff to address internal and external customer requests while supporting cost estimate development, customer proposals, negotiations, and various audits.
Through critical thinking and innovative and independent behavior, this role will facilitate, monitor, and forecast program financing mechanisms including Accounts Receivable, Advanced Payments, and Performance Based Payments; coordinate and prepare program financial forecasting and reporting, the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and the Labor Resource Plan and identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk.
The Business Management Analyst will also perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks including developing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and performance measurement baseline (PMB), monitoring, and analyzing the Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Complete (EAC), significant variances, risk management reserve (MR), and financial reserve (FR), and preparing of internal and external status reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Management or Economics from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3 years of financial work experience.
- Basic understanding of Government Compliance.
- 1+ year experience in strong data mining and database management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, chart generation, VBA macros, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10%.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- SAP, COGNOS, or similar ERP software experience
- Professional experience in Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, or Telecommunications.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) customer reporting, MPM, or COBRA experience.
- Current/Active DoD security clearance.
What We Can Offer You
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment which encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following: Health Plan, Savings Plan, Paid Time Off and Additional Benefits including Education Assistance, Training and Development, 9/80 Work Schedule (where available), and much more!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.