Price Cost Estimating Analyst 3/4
Requisition ID: R10118520
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America | Redondo Beach, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you defining possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking an Price Cost Estimating Analyst 3/4 focused on assisting our fast-growing business with data-driven and value-added analyses. This individual will preferably work in our Dulles VA or Redondo Beach CA. We may consider other major NG space locations (to include Aurora CO; Linthicum MD; Chandler AZ; Huntsville AL; Roy UT).
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating proposal risk issues in cost estimates, terms and conditions, and all other business management related functions.
- Supporting the Sector historical cost and technical database initiative.
- Performing data collection, normalization, and analysis.
- Developing estimating factors, regression analyses and identify estimating relationships from company data.
- Supporting cost studies using company data.
- Supporting and assisting the Sector Manager of Independent Cost Evaluation (ICE) in executing the company-wide ICE process.
- Generating and presenting ICE analyses in support of risk reviews.
- Assisting in maintaining and delivering training.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 6+ years of relevant professional experience in Business Management, Finance, Cost Estimating or a similar discipline – OR – a Master’s degree in a related discipline with 4+ years of stated experience.
Basic Qualifications for a level 4:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 10+ years of relevant professional experience in Business Management, Finance, Cost Estimating or a similar discipline – OR – a Master’s degree in a related discipline with 8+ years of stated experience.
Additional Basic Qualifications for both levels:
- Demonstrated expertise in business management, cost estimating, and risk modeling.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, negotiating and problem solving with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to support complex operations while collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Dynamic, self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to function independently.
- A flexible approach to work, an understanding of working collaboratively on a team, and willingness to be an active and supportive member of a cross-functional team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively bring projects to completion.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Cross-sector experience is desirable.
- Relevant experience including exposures in the cost/business management/ops research world, with a strong knowledge of quantitative risk techniques, cost and risk modeling, and government contracts.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.
- Active/ transferable Top Secret/ SCI security clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.