Program Cost Control Analyst 3/4- Dulles, VA
Requisition ID: R10129313
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Cost/Control Analyst 3 or 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Dulles, VA and support the Tactical Space Systems Division.
The Cost/Control Analyst will interact with various operating unit, business area, and division staff to support project planning and control and variance analysis and meet reporting requirements. In addition, the Analyst will interface with program managers, control account managers (CAMs), accounting, contracts, subcontracts, and procurement organizations, as well as external customers on a daily basis to address operational and maintenance issues with program. Communicating with managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMs) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing guidance on policies and procedures.
- Setting up cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Performing analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Preparing budgets and schedules for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, resource planning and variance analysis.
- Ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporating contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Performing monthly and quarterly Estimates at Complete (EACs).
- Supporting cash flow initiatives, reviewing, tracking and reporting invoices throughout the program cycle.
- Performing program closeout responsibilities.
- Setting up, prepare and follow up with all required financial reports.
- Effectively communicating with leadership and customers regarding financial status, metrics and deliverables.
- Participating in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Assisting in preparing for internal and external audits.
- Establishing a budget/EAC, analyze capital expenditures and prepare reports for programs.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications for Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4+ years of related professional experience. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Deltek Cobra Reporting Tool
Basic Qualifications for Level 4:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 8+ years of related professional experience. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Deltek Cobra Reporting Tool
Basic Qualifications for both levels:
- Experience in cost management, finance management, or pricing & estimating.
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines.
- Experience with financial analysis and/or reporting.
- Strong Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Knowledge and experience.
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.