Payroll Tax Analyst
Requisition ID: R10108844
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Irving, Texas, United States of America | Bloomington, Minnesota, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Work in a shared services payroll organization with approximately 95k employees’ nationwide using SAP financial software. Maintains payroll related general ledger accounts and is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of numerous accounts within a complex accounting system.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies principles of accounting, governmental accounting rules and company policy to establish and analyze SAP account reconciliations.
- Researches and advises payroll staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions. Researches and guides the payroll staff on how to handle payroll issues affecting accounting.
- Reconciles payroll account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and complying within the established guidelines.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in SAP as part of the true-up procedure and to ensure that liabilities, expenses, and disbursements are properly recorded.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned duties according to set deadlines and the monthly and quarterly account close schedules and ensure all transactions are in compliance with GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and compiles and analyzes detailed account report and other related information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Research and determine dollar value of aging items that will not clear accounts and request write off approval.
- May design, modify, and/or maintain process and desk procedure documentation and forms.
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Critical success factors for candidates will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, proactively deal with difficult situations and communicate appropriately with all levels of stakeholders.
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving and closure skills; strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills with different stakeholders and levels of professionals and management.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and federal/state payroll tax laws along with a broad overall payroll and timekeeping knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Excel – pivots, macros, v-look ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and strong advocate for process improvement
- Works with a sense of urgency and is proactive – keeps on top of action item owners to complete tasks
- Intolerant of recurring problems – digs deep to find the root cause and fixes the problem
- Creates ad-hoc reports to solve problems
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast paced, high volume, multi-tasking environment
- Successful candidate will be self-directed and have a high acumen for learning on the fly
- Ability to work long days during peak periods required
- Highly analytical
- Team player
- Quick and dependable worker with focus on ensuring the Team meets its goals and deadlines
Basic Qualifications - in order to be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of payroll experience or AS degree with 5 years of payroll experience or 7 years of payroll experience can be accepted in lieu of degree.
- PeopleSoft/SAP Payroll experience
- Ability to work on site in either Irving, TX or Bloomington, MN
- Completed CPP certification from American Payroll Association (APA) (or required in 1 year of hire)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.