Principal Engineer Mechanical
Requisition ID: R10047213
- Category: Engineering
Location: Chandler, AZ, USA | Chandler, AZ, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 5
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Mechanical Engineering group is hiring for a Principal Engineer Mechanical professional at our Chandler, AZ location.
- Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools. Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs
- Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes
- Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects
- Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
- Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines
- Perform research for related engineering projects
- Represent the organization as a contact on projects
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 5 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master’s degree in STEM with 3 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with no experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Security clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Active Secret Security Clearance, or higher
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in carbon composites
- NX or other CAD experience
- GD&T training i
- Ability to present technical content to peers and project groups
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python, Linux
This position reports to Chandler, AZ, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Chandler, AZ, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia