Manager Systems Engineering 1
Requisition ID: R10047378
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, AZ, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Launch Vehicle is currently seeking a Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Department Manager 1 (M1) to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
The Manager 1 will report to the SEIT Sr. Department Manager overseeing the GMD and NGI programs, and will be responsible for the following (additional responsibilities may be assigned outside of this list):
Functional management of approximately 10 engineers across both programs
Time sheet approval
Writing and conducting mid and end of year reviews for direct reports
Provide timely feedback and direction to direct reports
Assess and communicate staffing needs on a monthly basis
Management of department metrics
Maintenance of Department processes, standards and command media
Onboarding New Hires
Provide Direct Systems Engineering support on program charge numbers
at least 50% of time will be in support of direct program work
Support program meetings and other direct charging as required to provide technical oversight
Prepare the SEIT team for customer meetings and key presentations
Represent the SEIT department in key program meetings, verifying that the approach abides by department standards and expectations
- Technical Oversight / Leadership
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing key SEIT products, analyses and MBSE model for compliance to department standards, good engineering practice and compliance to customer requirements and expectations. <<TBR>>
- Provide technical leadership and resource management to ensure timely resolution of issues impacting launch vehicle design and verification.
- Help resolve complex technical issues related to systems engineering, including any required failure analysis and corrective action
- Prepare periodic technical reports and presentations for senior management to document current status, corrective action (if required) and go forward plans.
- Support or manage Independent Design Reviews
- Provide leadership and management of systems engineering activities as required by the department or program
The ideal candidate is capable of creating and managing high performing teams while providing technical, administrative and management expertise in the day to day activities required to successfully execute complex engineering programs.
BS in Engineering plus 5 years of experience; Masters degree plus 3 years of experience is required.
Demonstrated leadership experience.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
Minimum of 10 years of related work experience is preferred.
Program execution experience is strongly preferred
Systems Engineering experience is preferred
Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience is preferred.
Experience managing an engineering team is preferred
Experience with Earned Value Management System and managing a Cost Account is preferred
Familiarity with Agile engineering and Jira
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia