Associate Electronics Engineer
Requisition ID: R10046120
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Associate Electronics Engineer position requires a blend of Hardware and Software skills, experience with DC, Analog, Digital or RF test & measurement equipment, and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting complex electronic systems. One of the unique opportunities that this Engineering position offers is the Engineering work/experience in all disciplines (HW, FW, SW, and system I&T) or an opportunity to work deeply in one area.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, designs, develops, tests and identifies improvements / corrective actions for a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including RF and System Processors along with an assortment of test equipment and associated systems.
- Having experience in programming in C++, National Instruments Labwindows/CVI and/or Labview is a plus.
- Troubleshoot production hardware to determine root cause of failures and identify corrective actions
- Support production floor and test technicians
- Maintain process and procedures in accordance with ISO standards
- Work with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues
- Hardware integration and test
- Test equipment development
- Design Automated Test Equipment to include creating Hardware and Software
- Create engineering documentation (change notices, parts lists, bills of materials, test reports, test procedures)
Basic Qualifications for Electronics Engineer (Level 1)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM with 0 years’ experience
- US citizenship
- Knowledge of general electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Basic Electronic Circuit Theory.
- Ability to develop/draw schematics.
- Ability to support troubleshooting / anomaly resolution of test set and deliverable hardware.
- Familiarity of Windows.
- Familiarity of Linux.
- Familiarity with MATLAB.
- Familiarity with National Instruments devices and software
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia