Aircraft Inspector 3 – Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10045560
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Clearfield, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 20
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Structures Business Unit has an opening for an Aircraft Inspector 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located at our Clearfield, Utah facility.
This position involves detailed inspection of composites parts and assemblies throughout the manufacturing process of composite structures for quality and design verification in a fast-paced production environment. It requires knowledge and experience related to detailed visual inspections, dimensional inspections of machined parts and the use of standard measuring instruments.
Other specific job duties include:
- Create Material Review Board (MRB) and Interface with Quality Engineering and program engineering on issues
- This job has decision-making responsibilities with regard to the acceptance or rejection of work and tests performed and the determination of measuring equipment used.
- Inspections vary from close tolerance dimensional checks to general surveillance of the work in progress
- Inspects mechanical final assembly installations of Detail parts into assemblies.
- Inspects systems such as hydraulic, electrical installations.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Requires very limited to no supervision.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and verifying the work of lower level employees.
- Duties & tasks are varied and moderately complex. Frequent contact with individuals representing other departments, including customer representatives.
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified) a minimum of 4 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Must have Active DoD Secret security clearance last investigated within 5 1/2 years and the ability to obtain special program access
- Must have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment and able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
What We Offer:
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, phenomenal learning opportunities, and exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a great 401K matching program, and 14 Employee Resource Groups inclusive of all employees!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia