Communications Manager 3
Requisition ID: R10124392
- Category: Communications
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America | Melbourne, Florida, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Aeronautics Systems sector is looking for a Communications Manager 3 to support communications strategy development and implementation in divisions within Aeronautics systems, Strike division. You will guide a team of program communicators as they develop and implement strategic communications plans to support business objectives in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will assist the team to create, deploy, measure, and optimize communications across paid, owned and earned channels. This position is based at Northrop Grumman’s facilities in either Melbourne, Florida or Palmdale, California.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results. If this is YOU…keep reading!
If you are a strategic communicator who has an innovative spirit, a knack for storytelling, and a passion for leading talented teams to achieve top performance, please read on.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Lead a team of individual contributors as they support external and internal communications, shape the Aeronautics Systems story and deliver it to the right audiences, in the right way, at the right time to support key business objectives and the Northrop Grumman brand.
- Work closely with the Communications directors to contribute to (or devise) and manage the implementation of key communication strategies and tactics.
- Partner with corporate and sector Communications leads to provide strategic guidance on how to best reach their audiences via paid, owned and earned channels.
- Partner closely with internal creative teams and advise colleagues and leadership on new and innovative ways to reach existing audiences.
- Collaborate with corporate Communications team, customer stakeholders and business leaders to ensure strategic alignment of creative and messaging.
- Assess and improve internal and external digital communication practices, channels and vehicles, partner with Digital Communications team on optimizations.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in communications, public relations, and/or marketing or 8 years of experience with a master’s degree.
- Experience leading a team of communications professionals.
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically drive change.
- Experience in developing strategic communications and/or project plans, identifying measurable objectives and identifying key performance indicators.
- Comfort with data; ability to shape and tell a persuasive story from disparate data sources.
- Strategic thinking, planning and decision-making.
- Excellent writing, editing and project management skills.
- Strong presentation skills and comfort with presenting to audiences at all levels, including senior leadership.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, up, down and across the matrixed organization.
- This position requires an Active DoD Secret Clearance, with an investigation completed within the last 5 years, as well as ability to obtain a Program Special access within a reasonable period, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Experience working in a national security environment and restricted programs.
- Demonstrated experience in media relations and media strategy development.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what you're looking for?
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
$125,700 - $188,500 - Melbourne
$145,500 - $218,300 - Palmdale
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.