Requisition ID: R10128560
- Category: Communications
- Location: Corinne, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Our Launch and Missile Defense Systems Communications team is seeking a creative Videographer/Photographer with expertise in photography, videography, shot selection, and image editing that can present our people and products in visually compelling, understandable, and informative ways to join our creative services team. A true go-getter, this person will always be on the hunt for opportunities to shoot effective, compelling photos and videos, and is energized by the thought of exploring different angles and perspectives, seeking the unique in the everyday. This position is located in Promontory UT.
More about the successful candidate:
- You’ll create photos and videos that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions.
- You’ll provide photo and video project coordination in conjunction with internal and external teams.
- You’ll work with leadership to ensure messaging activities are aligned to communications and corporate brand goals.
- You’ll report to the Multimedia Manager and join a team tasked with generating content to promote employee engagement, events, business achievements, and content generation.
- You’ll coordinate and execute photo and video assignments for a variety of requirements including, but not limited to, manufacturing documentation, site support, portraiture, internal and external communications, and event support.
- You’re a little bit (or a lot bit) of a nerd, and you love all things related to space exploration, national security space technologies and science.
- Headshot photography (executive headshots, profile photos and passport photos)
- Event photography and videography (employee events, customer tours, ground-breaking events, dignitary visits and group photos, etc.).
- Company magazine feature photos.
- Documentation videography/photography (document the progress of product manufacturing, testing, and QA processes).
- Pre-production planning (scout locations and coordinate logistics to ensure smooth shoots.)
- Plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, including tracking production schedules, and planning shoots based on these production schedules.
- Photography editing (batch editing, photo selection and retouching).
- Video Capture (B-roll, time-lapse video, studio set-up with teleprompter, multi camera, etc.)
- Help establish and maintain standards for camera settings, shooting methods, storage and archive processes.
This person must have good communication and people skills, a positive attitude and demeanor, be a self-starter with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues across the Northrop Grumman enterprise.
Photography and video gear is heavy. You will need to be able to move heavy cases of gear and to climb ladders. You may need to shoot in high places like a scissor lift. You will need to take (and maintain) several safety certifications.
Candidate must be comfortable working in a large-scale manufacturing environment, with potential hazards where PPE equipment and safety protocols are implemented.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position is not eligible for remote work or hybrid work. This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution, preferably in Photography, Video, or other creative field with 3+ years of experience with photography, film, videography, or a combination of the above – OR – 1+ years of experience as outlined above with Master-level degree from accredited university. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution, preferably in Photography, Video, or other creative field with 6+ years of experience with photography, film, videography, or a combination of the above – OR – 4+ years of experience as outlined above with Master-level degree from accredited university. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Proficiency with a variety of video and still cameras, as well as continuous and strobe lighting, and other camera equipment.
- Proficiency with lighting a set.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom is required.
- Effective communication and ability to direct people during still photography and video shoots in industrial settings and at events.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple deliverables.
- Must provide portfolio showcasing your photography and videography work.
- Talent (NG personnel) direction/feedback on shoots.
- Ability to travel up to 5% to support internal/external customers.
- Experience with audio recording equipment and techniques.
- Video editing skills a plus.
- Drone experience and Part 107 certification a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.