Proposal Illustrator 3/4
Requisition ID: R10129272
- Category: Communications
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career launching innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond – literally! Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, space launch, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is the place for you. Northrop Grumman’s Tactical Space Systems division (TSSD) is currently seeking a Proposal Illustrator 3/4 to join our team in Dulles VA.
As a Proposal Illustrator, you will be creating technical illustrations and graphics in conjunction with direct internal customer interaction ensuring on-time delivery of company proposals.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting new business development by direct involvement in proposal production in response to civil and government Solicitations (i.e., RFPs, RFI, BAAs, etc.).
- Expertise in translating facts and features of subject material into graphics concepts that best convey intended meaning. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions.
- Using advanced illustration techniques to translate complex engineering operations, products, flow charts, and diagrams that easily portray intended meaning.
- Uses Adobe Creative Suite to conceive, design and illustrate complex infographics and editorial renderings, graphs and other forms of illustration as needed.
- Provides guidance on graphic technology and corporate brand.
- Serving as proposal lead responsible for on-time production of proposal graphics, creation and quality control of proposal graphics, attending proposal kick-off and daily stand-up meetings, creating art templates per RFP requirements, providing metrics of proposal graphics for future planning, and developing proposal art processes.
- Collaborating with off-site departments to develop company standards/formats including proposal art templates, color palette, and guidelines.
- Following the proper execution of department standards, formats and proposal production procedures.
- Formatting of internal customer briefings, posters, and signage and other graphics, as needed.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution with 6+ years of related professional technical illustration experience in support of technical publications – OR – a Master’s degree with 4+ year of related professional technical illustration experience in support of technical publications. May consider 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution with 10+ years of related professional technical illustration experience in support of technical publications – OR – a Master’s degree with 8+ years of related professional technical illustration experience in support of technical publications. May consider 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Advanced skill in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat).
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint and MS Word).
- Ability to work in a secured environment and obtain a Top Secret security clearance. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Aerospace and Defense contracting experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.