Requisition ID: R10047177
- Category: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Corinne, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrup Grumman Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Technical Team Supervisor in our Promontory, Utah Test and Research Operations (TRO) machine shop.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Technical Team Supervisor will use long range planning methods to execute to multiple customer requirements. Safety must be the top priority. Efficiently assign machinists to maintain workflow based on machine availability and personnel work skill set to meet both customer and business needs. Creates and sustains a culture of respect and employee engagement with customers and direct reports. Knows how to use PES to foster and drive a culture of continuous improvement and creates and maintains a cross functional and agile team of machinists.
- Minimum, 6 years of machine shop operations experience or related work.
- Preferred, 2 year technical degree and/or a certificate in machine shop technology
- Responsible for creating and maintaining safe machine shop operations, including use of CNC and conventional machine tools. Follows established machining methods.
- Participate in safety reviews and approval of machining setups.
- Work with engineering to establish machinability, weldability, material evaluation, tooling requirements, and evaluate fixtures for the job.
- Provide cost estimates for work to be performed for internal and external customers.
- Schedules work and efficiently maintains workflow through the shop.
- Instruct team members on Mastercam geometry creation/modification and machine programming. Trains direct reports in set-up, programming, and proper operation of equipment.
- Must be able to operate and train direct reports to use and accurately measure fabricated, and machined components with a CMM. Be able to locate, import, and align solid models from CAD files for inspections as well as reverse engineering. Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, and hand tools.
- Visually inspects parts for burrs, cleanliness, and quality of machined surfaces.
- Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics.
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability.
- Responsible for maintaining calibrated items.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of machine tools and shop supplies.
- Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Effective communicator both verbally and written.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of company systems such as ePIC, ESI, NX, GLX, Workday, etc.
- Develops team member competencies, participates in goal setting, coaching, and development activities.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia