2020 – Associate Engineer Electronic Packaging
Requisition ID: 20007985
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (campus organizations, clubs, student organizations, community service)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Mechanical Engineering (ME), Aerospace Engineering (AE), or a related STEM degree.
- Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with design, manufacturing, and testing of structures.
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Ability to perform thermal and structural engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of electronic assemblies.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably on university sponsored design projects or clubs.
- Experience with Mechanical Analysis and tools such as NX FEMAP/NASTRAN, or equivalent FEA tools.
- Experience with static/dynamic testing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems, satellites and associated space components and services, and advanced aerospace structures. Northrop Grumman is seeking an entry Mechanical Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing static and dynamic structure analysis.
- Performing thermal analysis of electronic assemblies.
- Reviewing requirements for materials, structure systems & subsystems.
- Selecting appropriate technical information and data from applicable products.
- Determining the technical principles involved, identifying the design path forward and computing the engineering characteristics to ensure consistency with the specifications design needs and requirements of space applications.
- Releasing results as “technical documents” after review by the senior members of the team.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Generating bill of materials and reviewing mechanical drawings.
- Conducting environmental test programs required to evaluate design and manufacturing workmanship.
What's great about
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, including matching 401K, tuition assistance, health insurance and wellness options, coaching, mentoring and more.