*Aircraft Low Observ Mech 4 (Deployable)
Requisition ID: 20011410
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Edwards AFB
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Multiple
- Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
- High School and 6 years additional education and/or related experienced. 6 years job related experience to the Aviation and Aerospace industry may be used in lieu of education.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be able to perform work assignments at Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must be a US citizen and able to get and maintain active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 730 days from submission of clearance request.
- Aviation and Aerospace Industry Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description: Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking an Aircraft Low Observable Mechanic 4 for a rotational OCONUS program based in Edwards AFB, Ca. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aircraft low observable outer mold line structures, materials and applications. Prepares composite or metallic surfaces for coating applications by performing various operations such as sanding, stripping, applying vacuum, performing porosity testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Mixes and applies sealants, gap fillers and any other required processes prior to paint which may require the use of heating devices. Mixes and applies paints and other coatings at the proper spraying consistency. Applies additional surface details to manufacturer specifications. Performs or coordinates component-level testing for specification compliance after applications have been completed. May perform similar duties in aircraft build, modification or maintenance role. The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into general aircraft maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Aircraft maintenance tasks include performing minor structural repairs and modifications, troubleshoots, repairs, and services aircraft and engine systems, and performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
What's great about
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, including matching 401K, tuition assistance, health insurance and wellness options, coaching, mentoring and more.