*GSE Mechanic 2 – Deployable
Requisition ID: 20017919
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Edwards AFB
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Multiple
- Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education or 2 years of related experience in lieu of additional education.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas). Be physically active for long periods and use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects exceeding 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 730 days from submission.
- Experience with aerospace industry.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description: Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a GSE Mechanic 2 based out of Edwards CA. The successful candidate will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include in-depth repair as required on powered and non-powered ground support equipment. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on special purpose vehicles, GEM carts, and forklifts. Reviews maintenance records of periodic maintenance to ensure equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements. Uses an assortment of basic hand tools in addition to precision measuring devices for troubleshooting and repairs. Works from complex written instructions such as formal test specifications, blueprints, drawings, schematics, and manuals. May instruct lower level mechanics in technical aspects of Ground Support equipment work. Exercises appropriate safety measures.
What's great about
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, including matching 401K, tuition assistance, health insurance and wellness options, coaching, mentoring and more.