Engineering Technician 4
Requisition ID: R10050792
- Category: Technical Support
- Location: El Segundo, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of aerospace materials, electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment
- Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems
- Guidance is readily available from engineers and team
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks
- Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications
- Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level
- Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned
- Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, network analyzer, thin film deposition system, signal generators and similar test apparatus
- Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- High School Diploma and/or GED with 6 years minimum related experience
- Experience with electronics, electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings, build and incorporated modify lab equipment.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 5 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to a Special Access Program within a reasonable timeframe to meet business needs.
- Experience working on military aircraft
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Previous experience working within a Survivability Engineering Laboratory.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime and travel for repeated short periods is essential.
- Current SAP program access.
- Strong experience in communicating complex issues to senior leadership and customers.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to engineering leadership.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia