Facilities Engineer/Principal Facilities Engineer
Requisition ID: R10043979
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Elk River, MN, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Shall review critical facility infrastructure such as HVAC, lighting, compressed air, communications, etc., partnering with both internal maintenance staff and external contractors to develop preventative maintenance plans to improve reliability.
- Develop strategic replacement plans for outdated equipment to address excessive maintenance, energy efficiency and establish consistency of equipment utilized across the site.
- Shall assist Engineering with layout or design changes to existing structures or construction of new structures, this will include assistance in navigating building codes and permits, along with extensive internal company hazardous operations/explosive safety standards.
- Shall develop a plan to orderly remove old unused structures and equipment as well as plan for replacement of existing old structures to help meet evolving business needs
- Collaborate with Engineering and Maintenance to review existing or establish new preventative maintenance for all critical process equipment onsite, including critical spare parts list, to improve equipment reliability and response times.
- Help assist in safety or facility related actions and improvements that may impact building or site infrastructure.
- Engage the Environment Health & Safety Team early on during project planning to ensure that environmental compliance and safety considerations, reviews, permits and review board process is followed.
- Partner with environmental staff to identify and implement sustainability projects to protect natural areas or decrease the sites environmental impacts such as energy use, air emissions or waste generation.
This position may be filled at a higher level depending on education and/or years of experience.
Basic Qualifications for Facilities Engineer:
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field.
- At least 3 years of Facilities Engineering experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with facilities infrastructure including HVAC, lighting, compressed air, communications, etc.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Facilities Engineer:
- Includes all of the qualifications for Facilities Engineer with the addition of at least 6 years of Facilities Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience designing & maintaining energetic areas and knowledge working with energetics
- Experience with AutoCAD software help update master sitewide maps for changes to buildings, roads, culverts, fencing, wells, septic systems, propane tanks, etc. , in addition to updates to basic building drawings to capture important construction details, electrical classifications, layout and capabilities.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia