Engineering Technician 2
Requisition ID: R10027477
- Category: Technical Support
- Location: Elk River, MN, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to provide support to our Defense Systems Division team in our Elk River, MN offices.
Perform Load, Assemble, Pack (LAP) processes of energetics and/or munition systems in a team or individual environment.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work in either a non-typical low volume production environment with medium to high complexity components or a medium volume production environment.
- Operate/perform many different types of equipment, gauges and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Engineers, Production Control, and Test Personnel in a fast moving environment.
- Follow Detailed Operating Procedures and collect/record data as necessary.
- Work with Engineers to help develop mechanical designs during early stage development programs and work to continuously improve legacy programs.
- Ability to multi-task.
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
- 2 year degree from a trade school or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical assembly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High mechanical aptitude preferred
- Must be a US citizen
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia