Principle Engineer Aircraft Structures
Requisition ID: R10116222
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Springfield Central, Queensland, Australia
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Protected (Baseline)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We’re building a reputation as the place to be in Defence. With strong local management, sound investment and a fresh approach, we’re on an exciting trajectory and building unique capability. Leveraging the kind of leading edge US capabilities and technology most can only imagine, our close-knit 800 strong team is busy delivering World-leading solutions to safeguard Australia’s future. And, together, we’re growing a business where everyone contributes and everyone matters.
Northrop Grumman Australia partners with the Royal Australian Air Force to provide through-life-support for its fleet of 10 C-27J Spartan Airlifter aircraft. The C-27J complements the Australian Defence Force’s existing Air Mobility fleet and provides airlift of people, equipment and supplies in Australia and our region.
As a member of C-27J Enterprise, you will provide expertise to the mechanical/structures design and technical support services in accordance with engineering management plans and associated work instructions.
A key part of this role you will be responsible for coaching, mentorship and guidance across the C-27J Engineering function. You will also be responsible for ensuring all activities comply with DASR 21 Design Production and Certification and DASR M Continuing Airworthiness Management Services (CAM Services) requirements.
Ideally, you will have had significant experience within Defence or Civil Aviation sectors with a track record of delivering leadership and technical guidance. Qualifications in a relevant technical discipline are important and the ability to hold and maintain a Defence security clearance is a must.
As a Principle Engineer, you will bring a high level of passion and drive for the Aviation and Aerospace industry along with a dedication to continued personal and professional growth.
With a focus on quality, outcomes are key here so we are looking for a high level of commercial acumen combined with an engaging approach to collaborating with both internal stakeholders and the customer.
What’s in it for you:
Success in this role will see you supported by your astute manager who is dedicated to you succeeding and developing as a professional engineer.
Whatever your role, life stage or background, you can shape your career here in your way with highly challenging work, great colleagues and career development, plus a range of flexible benefits and working patterns.
- Professional Development – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Options for flexible & hybrid work including 9 day fortnight
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
Doing the Right Thing and Sharing Success are two values underpinning how we behave at Northrop Grumman. Here, everyone matters and we proudly encourage individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply to join our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. You will also need to satisfy pre-employment drug & alcohol testing, police checks and employment screening verification
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.