Reliability & Maintainability Engineer - Next Generation Interceptor (NGI)
Requisition ID: R10121233
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Reliability & Maintainability Engineer (Software & Hardware) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected Reliability Engineer will support the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) Program, reporting to the Huntsville, AL PMO. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Modeling and analysis with an emphasis on the following:
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM)
- Reliability Block Diagrams (RBDs)
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) at the functional, interfaces, and part level
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Probabilistic Reliability Analysis (PRA)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Reliasoft and PTC Windchill Quality Solution (WQS) tools
Basic Qualifications for Engineer Reliability:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 2 years of experience, or a Master’s degree and 0 years of experience.
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS) experience.
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) at the functional, interfaces, and part level experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% to support business needs.
- Current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance is required to start.
- Missile Defense Agency systems experience.
- Reliability and Maintainability Engineering discipline experience.
- Reliability analysis of both hardware and software engineering processes experience.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.