Sentinel (GBSD) Principal Test Engineer - Campaign Booster Engineer - 6841
Requisition ID: R10110123
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Test Engineer - Campaign Booster Engineer. This position will be located in Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will support Flight and Ground Test system level testing as a Campaign Booster Principal Engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
-Serving as the lead booster engineer for a Flight Test Campaign, following flight vehicles from production through emplacement, and executing flight test as a Missile Lift Off and Safe and Arm Controller
-Providing the documentation, technical implementation, and configuration for solid rocket motor systems as part of a missile launch support system
-Technical experience with large solid rocket motor or ICBM boosters and subsystems
-Real time telemetry decomutation and display (such as IADS)
-Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering. The position requires working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints.
-The candidate should have experience in hardware/software integration, system troubleshooting, vendor and repair cycle experience as well as property management experience.
-Candidate must be comfortable in both development lab, as well as be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, integration/test engineers, and program leadership.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
- 5+ years of missile hardware/software integration experience and system level hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience with test instrumentation sensor selection and installation with experience in NX CAD
- Experience with launch and/or countdown console operations
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field of study.
- US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
- Test report writing and documentation experience
- Experience reading and interpreting real-time telemetry feeds and lab testing
- Prior experience as a Technician possessing skills in the following areas:
- Using basic electronic test equipment, Python Scripting for test bench automation, Test Operations and Conduct
- Support the development of test plans and test architecture for strategic missile end-to-end and flight tests and Lab infrastructure
- Evaluate requirements and develop test concept of operations
- Experience defining and implementing detailed test facility requirements
- Experience in the development of pre-flight test missile requirement verification plans and lab testing
- Experience with standing up system test facilities and working closely with site stakeholders (Safety, Security, Product Teams)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.