Sentinel (GBSD) Flight Test Campaign Team Manager 2 - 9800
Requisition ID: R10121990
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Flight Test Campaign Manager 2. This position will be located at Vandenberg AFB in California and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
The Flight Test Campaign Manage will be the manager and technical lead for Sentinel program System-level Flight Test teams. This will include advising program management on best courses of action for success, and guiding Flight Test launch teams through the technical challenges of developing and executing flight test capabilities. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into flight test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs or guides functional analysis, timeline analysis, and detail trade studies to plan and execute a flight test program for the Sentinel weapon system from first flight through system verification and operational testing. Manage all personnel assigned to Flight Test Campaign teams, to include human resource support, career, and professional development. Responsible for all funding and resources for all activities with Flight Test Campaign teams.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Manage a campaign team consisting of flight test engineers who are missile systems and/or component SMEs and perform countdown launch operations on the GBSD system.
- Manage team developing compliant and compelling launch team government deliverable documents, quality plans and processes for training, certification, and execution of launch teams.
- Managing and effectively communicating Campaign team launch program dependencies, critical path, and expectations to team members and program stakeholders, including senior-customer level engagements, presentations, and reports to IPT senior management team.
- Provide leadership for a diverse team of launch engineers to include performance management, career development, staffing, and merit planning.
- Manage campaign teams through development of test documents, test planning, test execution, data analysis and post-test results.
- Manage and participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program.
- Manage cost and schedule performance for flight test execution control accounts as a Control Account Manager (CAM), adhering to Earned Value Management principles and processes.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of related experience or Masters degree with 4 years of related experience or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- A current DOD Secret clearance.
- 1+ years of experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- 1+ years of leadership experience (Team Lead, Tech Lead or Supervisory) with responsibility for technical delivery, budget and schedule
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain TS SAP.
- Willingness to Travel up to 10%.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance. (Awarded within the past 5 years)
- Flight test experience.
- Experience with flight test operations in the Aerospace Industry.
- ICBM or missile operations experience
- Experience with telemetry processing and test instrumentation.
- Familiarity with range and system safety requirements and procedures
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a Control Account Manager managing cost and schedule execution.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.