Airworthiness (Aircraft Certification) Section Manager 2
Requisition ID: R10126984
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SAP
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an immediate opening for a Airworthiness (Aircraft Certification) Section Manager 2. This leadership position is located in Melbourne, FL. The selected candidate in this position will work across divisions and programs in a multi-disciplinary role to establish and lead an Airworthiness organization.
- Lead an Airworthiness Department reporting to the Airworthiness Director.
- Manage relationships with NGAS leadership for Airworthiness on behalf of the Airworthiness Director
- Supports sustainment and growth of the Airworthiness organization
- Support ground and flight test data reviews with NG Responsible Engineers (REs) and Government Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Technical Airworthiness Authority (TAA) or Airworthiness Authorities to drive efficiencies into the issuance of Military Flight Releases or Interim Flight Clearances in support of Flight Test Operations and Type Certifications.
- Monitor and understand the configuration of test systems to recommend/authorize configuration changes for flight with the Airworthiness Authorities.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that adhere to technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Significant and frequent direct customer interaction
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline with 9 years of engineering experience to include a background in airworthiness or aviation, or Masters with 7 years of engineering experience to include a background in airworthiness or aviation, or PHd with 4 years of engineering experience to include a background in airworthiness or aviation
- Work experience on manned or unmanned aircraft systems
- Must have an active DoD secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation) with the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance.
- Familiarity of MIL-HDBK-516B Expanded, -516C and related DOD and DOD Services Airworthiness Documentation, Instructions, Guidance, Bulletins, and Circulars
- Experience working with government regulators and airworthiness authorities
- Strategic Planning experience
- Experience in Airworthiness Compliance tool development, oversight, and management of developmental software coders
- Experience identifying Safety Critical and Flight Critical Functions, Safety Critical Functional Thread Analysis (SCFTAs) and why software must be developed at the appropriate Level of Rigor (LOR) for airworthiness certification
- Work experience on manned or unmanned aircraft systems with minimum 9 years professional experience, with at least 5 years in an Airworthiness assignment (Military or Civil)
- Earned Value and Cost Account Management Experience
- Leading process improvement initiatives
- DoD and Civil Airworthiness Experience
- Military aircraft development or modification experience
- Ability to initiate Airworthiness Certification process improvement initiatives
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Structures, Flight Technology, Air Vehicle Subsystems, Avionics, Mission Payload Integration, System Safety, Flight Test
- Experience with one or more of the following: MIL-STDs-1797, 810, 1530, 3013, 882E, 1796
- USAF Airworthiness Policy Directives, Instructions, and Airworthiness Bulletins (AWB)
- System Safety Risk Assessments (SSRA), program risks and hazard analyses
- Active Secret/Top Secret clearance with program special access
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.