Principal Maintainability Systems Engineer/Senior Principal Maintainability Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128612
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they’re also making history.
As an integral part of our Systems Engineering team in Mission Systems you will be fulfilling the role of a Maintainability Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a sound maintainability program
- Provide technical leadership in the Maintainability Engineering discipline and work to drive sound systems engineering on programs.
- Conduct modeling and analysis with an emphasis on Maintainability
- Develop Maintainability predictions in support of quantitative requirements such as MTTR and MaxTTR, to include detailed task analyses
- Determine component repair times, crew size, support equipment, skill levels and maintenance tasks required to restore a component to an operational condition.
- Conduct Design for Maintainability assessments using criteria from MIL-STD-1472
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Travel to participate in customer meetings as required
- Level T03/ Principal Systems Engineer - Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience or a PhD with 0 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields. Technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Level T04/Senior Principal Systems Engineer – Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience, A Master’s degree with 7 years of experience or a PhD with 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields. Technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
- U.S Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
- Fluency with MIL-HDBK-470 and 472 guidelines and processes
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1472 Design for Maintainability criteria
- Experience developing Maintainability requirements
- Experience conducting Maintainability allocations, predictions and assessments
- Experience presenting results at major design reviews and interfacing with Customers
- Experience developing Maintainability plans and analysis reports
- Ability to organize and execute own work
- Ability to support multiple programs
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience
- Conduct/support Maintainability Demonstrations
- Knowledge of Radar products
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with Reliability Engineering
- Experience supporting proposals (technical write-ups and Basis of Estimates)
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI DoD Clearance
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Link to Benefits: https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/
This position is contingent upon the ability to obtain a clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.