Sentinel (GBSD) Air Vehicle Equipment Integration and Test (I&T) Section Manager 2 - 10826
Requisition ID: R10129513
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Air Vehicle Equipment Integration and Test (I&T) Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as program responsibilities. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise up to 20% of the candidate's time. The candidate will have 80% technical responsibilities: supporting SDS programs as an engineer within their same function. Candidate will act across multiple organizations to drive execution.
The AVE IAT&C Manager 2 will support the AVE Integration and Test Director to clearly identify, and focus on ground and flight test requirements, development, interface design, testability, verification and validation. The candidate will be responsible for developing the overall test approach and strategy for the AVE, to include requirements, test planning, and monitor test execution of all AVE Lab, Ground, and Flight Tests. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate must be a driver and leader for collaboration across many different sub-IPT teams for a successful integration, test and checkout of the missile buildup.
In this position, the AVE I&T Manager 2 will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Test Planning Development – Lead the overall development of the test planning approach to AVE Integration and Test and the development of the Integrated Test Plan.
• Customer Interface Management – Will at times interface with the US Government customer through Integrated Test Plan reviews and the AVE Test Working Group.
• System Architecture and Verification Planning – Lead the effort, from an Integration and Test standpoint, to help the design and development of requirements verification decisions within the system architecture in coordination with systems engineering and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
• Design Change Impact Assessment - Ensure that specification updates and verification methods are tracked in the Integrated Test Plan and approved through the appropriate boards.
• Multi-disciplinary Interface Management - Develop comprehensive design and interface requirements to support the verification effort, ensuring cross-functional communication.
• Requirements-based Testing and TLYF Management - Ensure program master test plans, integration concepts and integration flows developed by the Integrated Operations Team are constructed in a Test Like You Fly manner and verified.
• Employee Management – Oversee the performance, progression and mentoring of the Integration, Assembly, Test and Checkout engineers on the team. Authority to manage personnel and direct activities required to accomplish the statement of work.
• Risk Management – Facilitate and own the risk management process and review board for the integrated test approach in coordination with the Missile Integration and Test Director and corresponding Flight Systems Risk Manager.
• Schedule and Cost Reporting Management – Accountable for timely EV cost and schedule status and reporting to upper level management to support program management reviews.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years’ related experience, or Master’s and 4 years’ related experience, supporting US Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline and 8 years experience, or Master’s and 6 years experience, supporting US Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries.
- US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
- Previous ICBM experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience using CAMEO and/or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Principles.
- Experience using DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Experience with Agile
- Demonstrated success leading teams and/or organizations to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge of system integration and test principles and test plan development at any level of build (unit, sub-system, system, etc.)
- Experience with systems engineering and integrated test logic a plus
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.