Manager Aeronautical Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10117531
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Job Description: Northrop Grumman Vandenberg Integration Site (VSFB) is looking for an Aeronautical Engineering Manager 2 with solid background in mechanical engineering and understanding of system-level manufacturing concepts as they apply to the integration of complex systems. This manager will lead the team in continuous improvement activities and perform functional manager responsibilities. Additionally, the manager will coordinate various aspects of the day-to-day assembly, integration, test, and launch activities of multiple Northrop Grumman Launch Vehicle Programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate with engineers and managers from various backgrounds and across other functional organizations is required.
- Manage direct reports in performing integration of various sub-systems and the support launch operations.
- Daily contact with space launch vehicle hardware and solid rocket motors.
- Responsible for leading the integration and test engineering team, providing leadership in the final system-level integration of air launched and ground launched target vehicles.
- Direct the development of detailed work instructions, processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems; ensure consistent application of assembly processes and philosophies across all products.
- Coordinate daily integration activities and schedules with Production and Operations management, program engineers and various customer organizations; ensure hardware defects and test anomalies are properly identified and documented; develop and implement robust and effective corrective actions.
- Evaluate and implement Lean solutions to decrease cycle times.
- Work with program managers to develop manpower forecasts to meet the needs of the operations organization, responsible for all aspects of employee performance management for direct report employees.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to support design change and efficiency improvements.
- Train and mentor junior engineers in the Mechanical Engineering integration and test standards.
- Support business development efforts to provide integration and test information for new launch vehicle proposals.
- Occasional business travel to various sites required.
- Basic requirements:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aero, Industrial, or Manufacturing with a minimum of 9 years directly related experience 7 years minimum experience with MS degree.
- Ability to obtain clearance after start in position.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.