Director 1 - Aeronautical Engineering - Advanced Programs/ Chief Engineer
Requisition ID: R10124812
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career generating and maturing innovative, trusted, and affordable advanced concepts and technologies that fulfill our nation's strategic deterrence needs allowing for the capture of, and low risk transition to, new development and upgrade programs. Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Advanced Programs has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the future of a national strength that has kept the world without global conflict for seven decades and counting. With us, you’ll discover a culture of innovation, corporate and partner collaboration, and commitment to mission that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our Strategic Deterrent Systems cross generations and keep our nation strong and world safe 24/7/365 in an evolving global environment.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Director 1 – Aeronautical Engineering. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL or Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs organization. This position will be responsible for overall technical leadership and excellence across all Advanced Programs activities. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs and interfaces with the SDS Division Engineering organization. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
You’ll get to:
· Provide technical leadership and excellence oversight for a growing Advanced Programs team of system analysts, architects, and designers focused on conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyber defense, security, decision aides, etc.
· People leadership for an engineering organization, to include technical processes and excellence, talent growth, mentoring
· Provide technical oversight for all Advanced Programs projects
· Support technology identification, assessment/application, and maturation roadmap creation including cross-division/sector involvement
· Support future Advanced Programs and Division team engagement activities, technical staff performance and goal evaluation, and recruiting/hiring support
· Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
· Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
· Work closely with the Advanced Programs project leads and core organization leads in defining, growing, and executing the organization's people and business
· Conceptualize, mature, and capture new business for growth of the Division
· Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
You'll Bring these Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field inclusive of 10 years related experience
· 5+ years experience with DoD weapon systems conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to ballistic missile and/or weapon design to include vehicle, payload, command and control, ground systems, and support systems.
· 3+ years providing technical leadership of an engineering team
· U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
· Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
· Experience with nuclear command and control and legacy platforms/weapon systems.
· Experience with nuclear hardened strategic systems
· Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
· Experience with rapid prototyping and demonstration
· Experience with technology needs identification, categorization/assessment, application, and maturation including TRL and MRL definitions
· Top Secret clearance
· Excellent technical writing skills
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with both internal staff and external customers and partners
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.