Associate Mission Assurance Chemical Engineer/ Mission Assurance Chemical Engineer
Requisition ID: R10108411
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Magna, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman’s Space Systems is looking for an Associate Mission Assurance Chemical Engineer/ Mission Assurance Chemical Engineer to join our team at the Bacchus UT, Facility.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Candidate will work in an industrial environment and support solving complex engineering problems. Will effectively interact with design engineering team and provide support across Factory Value Streams, Materials and Process experts, Process engineering, and Tool Design.
- Understand the design intent, failure modes, requirements and specifications of the product as well as the manufacturing processes, process controls, statistics, SPC, and quality inspections.
- Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines and internal policies/procedures to assure compliance/resolve non-conformances and will serve as liaison between Bacchus Mission Assurance and various internal and external organizations, including some government agencies.
- Work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, process control, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements, meet specifications, and improve processing
- Must be able to work in manufacturing environment, including accessing stairs and work platforms
Skills and Competencies for Success:
Emphasis in coursework or prior experience in the following areas:
- Quality Assurance
- Chemical Processes
- Engineering Design
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office Suite
Candidate should have experience in the following areas:
- Mechanical Design, Manufacturing Engineering, SPC
- Tooling/special equipment
- Systems Engineering and Statistics
- Computer Aided Design – ie NX, Solidworks, ProE, ComSol, other
- Application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ANSI/AMSE Y14.5)
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated Customer Coordination
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 1 or a level 2.
- A candidate must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution. Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree
- Associate Engineer: a Bachelor’s Degree
- Engineer: a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ experience or a Master’s Degree
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.