Sr. Principal Systems Design Engineer – Advanced Programs (Future Concepts) **ACTIVE CLEARANCE REQUIRED**
Requisition ID: R10128716
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Want to solve complex problems at the “napkin sketch” level by creating cutting-edge, complex systems that need to operate in the harshest of conditions? Join Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Programs (Future Concepts) on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges.
We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Design Engineer to support the Advanced Programs (Future Concepts) in Northridge, CA. to develop complex, next generation, state of the art weapon systems. You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting with customers, program management, cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists. In this role as a Sr. Principal Systems Design Engineer – Advanced Programs (Future Concepts) the selected candidate will have evidence of strong skills in aeronautical engineering, as demonstrated through experience in aircraft programs and research centers; presentations and publication records; and coursework.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead cross-functional engineering teams to complete projects within the program and coordinate with other stakeholders in the Program Team.
- Accountable for the integrated engineering related to the design, development, build, test, qualification, and operational cadence of our future concepts.
- Support the Program Manager by identifying the scope required to meet all program requirements, with a focus on efficiency and operational availability.
- Support the Program Manager by assigning and prioritizing responsibilities for engineering tasks for their program as required.
- Support the development of Engineering plans to meet program requirements, including Systems Engineering Management Plans, Test Management Plans, Validation, and Verification Plans, and other engineering development plans.
- Validate schedule and staffing estimates for the Engineering activities.
- Cooperate and communicate status effectively with the Program Team and leadership to provide them with assistance and technical support.
- Perform high-level quality control of the work (technical adequacy, plans, personnel performance) and report regularly on engineering project status to program and engineering leadership. Initiate corrective actions for poor-quality engineering results.
- Other duties as required in support of Engineering and Program Requirements.
Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
To learn even more about our site please visit this link Northrop Grumman in Northridge, California - Northrop Grumman
Basic Qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of related experience in similar / related field OR Master's degree with seven (7) years of related experience, or a PhD with four (4) years of related experience
- Must be a US citizen and have a current active Secret clearance or higher with a Periodic. Reinvestigation within the last five (5) years.
- Experienced, skilled, and disciplined in system engineering processes (requirements analysis and definition, functional analysis, and/or systems design synthesis).
- Experience in aircraft and missile conceptual design that encompasses a full understanding of aerodynamics, mass properties (weigh, balance), propulsion, power and flight controls across the range of expected flight conditions.
- Experience in developing or applying standard aeronautical/aerospace computer aided design (CAD) tools is required, along with relevant computer aided design (CAD) programming skills needed to perform conceptual design work.
- Experience with aircraft or weapon design, layout, sizing and performance analysis tools
- Experience as a technical lead
- Experience with setup and execution of Multi-Disciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization (MDAO) models
- Familiar with design of low observable aircraft or weapons, integration of survivability technologies, propulsion systems, subsystems, sensors, and payloads
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
- Familiar with military aircraft or weapon design principles and tools
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.