Senior Principal Structural Design Engineer (3/10 1st Shift)
Requisition ID: R10126536
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Structural Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals!
The position will be located in Palmdale, CA and will support a 3/10 1st shift. This shift involves 10-hour workdays, Friday – Sunday. (Although the shift is 30 working hours, employees on this shift are compensated for 40 hours.)
- Develop “Design for Producibility” solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Development and review of completed models, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Supervise design solutions from initial concept to final implementation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 9 years of experience in aerospace structural design; OR a Master of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering with 7 years of aerospace structural design experience; OR a PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering with 4 years of aerospace structural design experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of bonded composite primary and/or secondary aircraft structures.
- High level of proficiency using Unigraphics Nx and/or CATIA V5 in the development of aircraft structures and components.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DOD Secret Clearance prior to starting the commencement of employment. This DoD Secret clearance must be obtained within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs. (For candidates with an active DoD Secret Clearance, background investigation must have been completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to the commencement of employment. This SAP must be obtained within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.