Staff Electrical Design Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129692
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Woodland Hills, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as an Electrical Design Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA. As an Electrical Design Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You’ll get to Do:
- Responsible for detailed design of Analog circuits and sub-systems.
- Design tasks include system level requirements analysis, sub-system level requirements development, conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed design through design verification and transition to production.
- Analysis tasks include detailed circuit modeling, simulation and analysis, signal integrity analysis, electrical stress analysis, and worst-case circuit analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 14 years of relevant experience; Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with 12 years of relevant experience, or a PhD with 9 years of experience .
- Electrical circuit design experience
- Circuit modeling and simulation experience
- Schematic capture experience
- Circuit and sub-system test and troubleshooting experience
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Direct experience in Analog circuit design
- Cadence CAE.
- Circuit board design.
- Signal integrity analysis.
- Worst case circuit analysis.
- Electrical stress analysis.
- Design verification and test.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.