Site Design System Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128812
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and innovative technologies to develop, design, produce, and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a lead Site Design Systems Engineer with a Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) or Civil Engineering background to join our diverse and talented engineering organization in support of our National Defense as part of the Deep Space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC) Program.
Join an exciting and new program as we embark on solving complex and novel engineering challenges. As a lead Site Design Systems Engineer on the DARC program, you will be responsible for driving the radar site design, deriving and allocating requirements, supporting major A&E and construction subcontracts, reviewing and redlining large drawings packages for 30/60/90% reviews, supporting earned value and cost management, provide schedule inputs, and brief program leadership. DARC will be designing and constructing a new site overseas. The primary scope of the site development project includes roads, duct banks, foundations for many large antennas, multiple facilities, large-scale cooling systems, backup power, electrical distribution, and security fencing.
The successful candidate would have a background as an MEP or Civil Engineer, or similar. They should have some broad site development experience with depth in some areas of the primary scope, be able to work in a large team environment and work collaboratively with all Engineering disciplines and Program Management to meet our customer’s needs.
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field with 9 years of experience; or a Master's with 7 years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tool suite
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experienced with US Government contracts.
- Experienced with the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) design process.
- Experienced with reading, interpreting, and review of A&E drawing packages.
- Experienced with site design, development, and construction.
- Technical design experience in at least one primary element of A&E design (i.e., power plant or BESS design, HV/LV power distribution, civil engineering, facility mechanical systems)
- Technical design experience in more than one primary element of A&E design.
- Major subcontract technical management.
- Experienced with overseas construction.
- Experienced reading and interpreting codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experienced with supervising large-scale construction projects.
- Experienced with proposal development and proposal evaluation.
- Experienced with construction cost estimating software (i.e., RSMeans).
- Experienced with value-added engineering and constructability analysis.
- Experienced with earned value management and program schedule derivation.
- Experienced with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) tools (i.e., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, or others).
- Experienced with Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experienced with Radio Frequency (RF) microwave systems such as radars or satellite communications systems.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.