Space Principal/ Sr Principal Engineer Power Design (Up to $15k in sign-on bonus for eligible candidates!)
Requisition ID: R10130129
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they're also making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman Space Systems has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career with Northrop Grumman Space Systems today!
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Payload and Ground Systems Division seeks talented Power Hardware Design engineers with Power experience to join our growing team in Rolling Meadows, IL.
As a Power Hardware Engineer, you will join our diverse team and be responsible for research, requirements analysis, architecture, schematic design, and testing of power hardware. Experience with space hardware and requirements is a plus. Tasks include.
· Create engineering documentation (change notices, parts lists, bills of materials, test reports, test procedures)
· Create electrical schematic and board layout support.
· Maintaining process and procedures.
· Troubleshooting production hardware to determining root cause of failures and identify corrective actions.
· Hardware integration and test
· Working with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues.
· Creating and analyzing metrics to target cost improvements.
· Interface with and present to customers
Qualifications for a Principal Electronics (Power) Engineer Level:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 5 years of RF experience or master's Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 3 years of design experience.
Qualifications for a Senior Electronics (Power) Engineer Level:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 9 years of RF experience or master's Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline with a minimum 7 years of design experience.
· Familiar with basic isolated and non-isolated circuit topologies & control techniques
· Familiar with simulation tools (e.g. SPICE, LTSpice, SABER)
· Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
· Current Secret clearance (or higher)
· Familiar with power supply EMI/EMC filtering and design
· Digital control experience
· Active power factor correction design experience
· Magnetic component design experience
· High voltage design experience (up to 200 kV)
· Working knowledge of power related Mil-Stds for power quality and electromagnetic interference
· Hardware development team leadership experience
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.