Principal/Sr. Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer
Requisition ID: R10113761
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking experienced RF engineers in the following areas:
Antennas, Electromagnetics, Computational Electromagnetics, RF/Microwave design, Digital beam-forming, Hardware/Subsystem Integration and Test, and Antenna Control Design.
The qualified candidate will work with a diverse and talented team of engineers developing innovative and cost-effective systems that support a broad range of products and business areas across the lifecycle of a program. Applicants should possess the ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
Responsibilities may include development of antenna architectures, receiver / exciter architectures, requirements generation/flow down; subsystem analysis including hardware from RF to digits, performance modeling, support for performance testing, requirements verification, and more. Work is performed without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
Experienced applicants will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or other related technical degree and have experience designing, developing and/or testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and/or related RF hardware. Candidates would have the ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
In addition, this candidate should have demonstrated technical ability/leadership and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs)
- Highly integrated subsystems including antenna hardware
- Reflectors, Reflect Arrays, Digital Beam Forming
- Antenna/RF Performance Analysis
- Computational Electromagnetics, Statistics
- Antenna or Subsystem Control Design
- Antenna Measurements and Data Reduction
- Antenna range integration, test, and system integration
- Subsystem requirements (hardware and software) derivation, flow-down, and configuration
- Comfortable creating test support applications and tools using MATLAB, python, etc
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite, Git
- Active Interim Secret or higher clearance.
This RF Engineer Microwave Design position requires an active interim/Secret Clearance per business requirements to start.
Basic Qualification Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of experience in the areas described in the job description. 3 years of experience with a Master's Degree and/or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
Basic Qualifications Sr Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 9 years of experience in the areas described in the job description or 7 years of experience with a Master's Degree and/or 4 years of experience with a Ph. D.- Sr. Principal Engineers should have a demonstrated ability in technical and team leadership overseeing engineers with experience at least at the Principal level.
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience troubleshooting RF subsystems
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.